Rotterdam, The Netherlands
For our office in Rotterdam we are looking for a Proposals Engineer. This concerns a fulltime position.
The purpose of the role is to achieve exposure to all elements of the tendering process from the initial pre-qualification for the project, the compilation of the bid document based on the requirements in the Invitation to Tender, the Tender negotiations with the client up to the Project Handover to the operational department once the Project has been awarded.
Main responsibilities of the Proposals Engineer:
- The initial review and summarizing of the ITT package so that an initial Bid or No Bid decision can be made.
- Compilation and ownership of the Tender Responsibility Matrix.
- Arranging of Tender Kick of Meetings.
- Coordination of all subcontractor ITT and evaluations.
- Compiling the pricing spreadsheet to build up the cost base.
- Evaluating of the project risks.
- Evaluating the competition / STG competitive position.
- Interface with other departments as required.
- Presenting the costing to management.
- Compiling the commercial qualifications to ensure compliance with all commercial principals.
- Ensuring timely delivery of the tender documents.
- Dealing with ongoing clarifications / negotiations.
- Participation in tender negotiations.
- Support / ownership of on-going tendering initiatives.
- Interface with marine department and vessel to obtain approvals for deck layouts, deck loading and issue of lift certificates for tenders where applicable.
Requirements for this position:
- Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering, Business or Commercial based discipline.
- 1 year tendering experience, proven track record of tendering EPIC work in the oil and gas industry for a leading offshore oil and gas contractor.
- Workability to independently priorities the workload.
- Willing to travel when required.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills in English language.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office packages – in particular, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Flexibility in switching between different types of tendering duties on a daily basis.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Team player.
Sea Trucks Group offers:
- An international and dynamic environment.
- Becoming part of an enthusiastic and hardworking team.
- A competitive salary and remuneration package.
Please apply by using the below button. If you have any questions about the position, feel free to contact Corine de Haan at +31 (0) 10 75 40 122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agency submissions will be accepted.