Project Director (fulltime – staff position, rotational basis)
Requisition No. STG-021
The main responsibilities of the role are:
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution and control of project management and construction services on major projects. Ensuring projects are undertaken consistent with company strategy, commitments, goals and objectives. Ensuring projects are completed safely, according to design, on time and on budget. Required to effectively manage the company/client relationship.
The Project Director will be responsible for a project which encompasses brownfield modifications of an existing platform; rigid pipelay in shallow water (15msw to shore); shore approach/landfall; and onshore fabrication and modifications to an existing gas plant.
Management of subcontractors working on platform modifications, shore approach/landfall and onshore gas plant work.
- Initiation, preparation, execution and completion of assigned projects in compliance with Contract requirements and STG principles;
- Leadership of the STG Project Team assigned for the project;
- Ensures delegates authorities are articulated, communicated and understood across project operations;
- Definition of project goals, objectives, deliverables, tasks and resource requirements;
- Develop and implement project planning and progress monitoring progress in respect of time, costs and quality of work performed. Identify deviations and rectification measures required;
- Achieving financial objectives of the assigned project. Preparation of monthly financial reports to Senior Management;
- Negotiates and engages contracts for project and construction services that satisfy company risk and cash flow targets;
- Ensures financial controls are in place to enable effective and accurate monitoring, reporting and forecasting for projects;
- Measures, monitors and reports on productivity and overhead so this is efficiently managed;
- Define, source and manage the human and physical resources required to perform the project;
- Maintaining and fostering relationships with the Company, Client, project team, and subcontractors;
- Management of Subcontractors, working on the project;
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to STG management and clients as required;
- Preparation of monthly Reports to the Client and senior STG management including monthly measurement of Local Content and Progress;
- Identification and tracking of project risks and concerns and identification and implementation of risk mitigation measures;
- Ensuring the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management are implemented and maintained. Working with the HSE Manager, set HSE KPI’s for the project and report HSE performance against these indicators. Ensure visible management commitment to HSE and stimulate a high level of HSE awareness on the Project;
- Management of project teams and development of individuals competence, providing direction and support to project team members;
- Drive continuous performance improvement and innovation on the project;
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system in compliance with ISO 9001.
Requirements for this position:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in a relevant Engineering or other technical discipline;
- Approx. 20 years+ relevant technical, commercial and leadership experience, gained in offshore construction and preferably on subsea installation projects in project management and senior project management roles;
- Proven track record leading and motivating multidisciplinary teams, in the offshore oil and gas industry, in particular offshore construction/subsea installation works;
- Ability to live and work in Lagos, Nigeria with frequent travel to Europe and elsewhere at STG instruction (Previous work experience in West Africa would be advantageous);
- Demonstrated capabilities in leadership, commercial acumen, interpersonal relationships and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proven negotiation skills, with the ability to negotiate skillfully and win concessions without damaging relationships in challenging situations;
- Proven ability to stay calm in stressful situations and to cope effectively with conflicting deadlines/demands;
- Proven planning skills, with the ability to systematically breakdown and prioritise complex work activities;
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse cultural environment.
Sea Trucks Group offers:
- An international and dynamic work environment;
- The ability to be an integral member of an enthusiastic and hardworking team;
- Competitive remuneration package.
Please apply by using the below button, and quoting the Job requisition no.
Note: until otherwise advised, no agency representation or submissions will be accepted for this vacancy.