Senior Project Manager (fulltime – staff position, rotational basis)
The main responsibilities of the role are:
Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, goals and objectives. Ensuring assigned projects are completed safely, according to design, on time and on budget.
Specific position is as the Senior Project Manager responsible for an awarded deepwater development project offshore Nigeria for an international client and being performed as part of an International Consortium. Project work scope consists of structure installation in deepwater and provision of accommodation vessel for topsides support
- Initiation, preparation, execution and completion of assigned projects in compliance with Contract requirements and STG principles;
- Leadership of the STG Project Team assigned for the project;
- Definition of project goals, objectives and deliverables;
- Define project tasks and resource requirements;
- Develop and implement project planning and progress, monitoring progress in respect of time, costs and quality of work performed. Identify deviations and rectification measures required;
- Achieving financial objectives of the assigned project. Preparation of project budgets and monthly financial reports to Senior Management;
- Define, source and manage the human and physical resources required to perform the works;
- Maintaining and fostering relationships within the Client, Consortium Partners, project team, and subcontractors;
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to STG management and clients as required;
- Preparation of monthly Reports to the Consortium /Client including monthly measurement of Local Content and Progress;
- Ensuring the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management are implemented and maintained. Working with the HSE Manager, set HSE KPI’s for the project and report HSE performance against these indicators. Ensure visible management commitment to HSE and stimulate a high level of HSE awareness on the Project;
- Management of project teams and development of individuals competence, providing direction and support to project team members;
- Identification and tracking of project risks and concerns and identification and implementation of risk mitigation measures;
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system in compliance with ISO 9001.
Requirements for this position:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in a relevant Engineering or other technical discipline;
- Approx. 15 years+ relevant technical, commercial and leadership experience, gained in offshore construction and preferably on deepwater subsea installation projects in project management and senior project management roles;
- Ability to live and work in Lagos, Nigeria with frequent travel to Europe and elsewhere at STG instruction (Previous work experience in West Africa would be advantageous);
- Demonstrated capabilities in leadership, commercial acumen, interpersonal relationships and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proven track record leading and motivating multidisciplinary teams, in the offshore oil and gas industry, in particular offshore construction/subsea installation works;
- Proven negotiation skills, with the ability to negotiate skillfully and win concessions without damaging relationships in challenging situations;
- Proven ability to stay calm in stressful situations and to cope effectively with conflicting deadlines/demands;
- Proven planning skills, with the ability to systematically breakdown and prioritise complex work activities;
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse cultural environment and as part of a Consortium team.
Sea Trucks Group offers:
- An international and dynamic work environment;
- The ability to be an integral member of an enthusiastic and hardworking team;
- Competitive remuneration package.
Please apply by using the below button.
Note: until otherwise advised, no agency representation or submissions will be accepted for this vacancy.